Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pre Race Report for China 70.3

15 Apr 09-Incheon Airport Korea-

Well amazingly I found a free wireless Internet cafe in the airport. Yes you read that correct, absolutely free with computers and all. Did not even have to pull out the laptop. Well today has been good so far, made it through checking the bags after having to explain what Hammer Gel was. I explained that I eat it and they thought I was crazy, they thought it was oil so I guess that is why I got the strange look. Then go through the X-Ray line and they tell me that my crescent wrench and T-Handle allen head is a dangerous weapon so I had to check that. Guess traveling with the bike is a learning experience for me.

Well to back track a little bit. I have not been able to sleep worth a crap lately, well I am getting 6-8 hours but my body wakes up at 6-0630 every morning no alarm needed. So I was up bright and early just laying in bed this morning. Finally rolled out of bed at 8 and talked to the parents and some friends. Headed out for a light 30 minute run at 9 and then got everything ready to head to the bus stop.

Pre Race Notes:

Height-6'1"
Weight- 159 (lost 10lbs in the last 4 weeks) this is right where I wanted to be for the race.
Wetsuit- Zoot Zenith Full Suit
Race Bike- Cervelo P3C
Wheels- Easton EA90 Aero
Engine- The whole 159lbs of my body
Shoes- Asics Gel Cumulus 9
Nutrition Plan: 7 Servings of Hammer Gel, 3 Zums Sodium/Potassium/Endurolyte Tablets, 4 Servings of Cytomax(Gatorade on Steroids), and 5-10 Hammer Endurolyte Capsules, A LOT OF LIQUID.......

Goals:
Finish
Podium in my Age Group- Only 3 of us so I have to finish and this is accomplished
Go Sub 5 Hours
Top 10 Overall
Top 10 Bike Split
Earn a spot to the 70.3 World Championships......Earn not a ROLLDOWN!!

Goal Splits:
30-35min Swim
2:25-2:35 Bike
1:35-1:45 Run

I have set high expectations for myself but with full execution of my plan all these goals are reachable.

No comments: